There are seven known families of Eastern Osprey on the Central Coast.
One of which lives in the light tower on the Western Grandstand (image below).
Mum (Rosie) and her two recently hatched chicks (Ollie + Olga) have a specially-made home provided by Central Coast Council aimed at encouraging breeding of the rare breed of bird.
NAMING COMPETITION - WINNERS:
Chick names - Ollie & Olga - suggested by Kristen Masters
Parents names - Hutch & Rosie - suggested by TJ Knaggs
NAMING COMPETITION - TERMS & CONDITIONS:
OSPREY NAMING Competition 2019
Terms and Conditions
Followers of the Central Coast Stadium’s Facebook page were asked to suggest appropriate names for two recently hatched Eastern Osprey’s that live at the stadium.
All information on how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
This competition is run by Central Coast Council (‘Council’) ABN: 73 149 644 003 of 2 Hely Street, Wyong NSW 2259 / 49 Mann Street, Gosford NSW 2250.
The Council reserves the right at any time to disqualify any individual who the Council reasonably believes has breached any of the terms and conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition or the reputation of the Council.
Some of the information that you are asked to provide on this form is personal information, such as your name and contact information. This information is being collected for the purpose of identification; judgement; communication in relation to; and promotion of this entry in Osprey Naming Competition (‘Competition’).
The information will be accessible by Council staff who form part of the judging panel for the Competition. It is voluntary to provide personal information on this form, however if the information is not provided, Council will not accept the entry in the Competition. Applications to access or amend the personal information provided on this form may be made to Central Coast Council.
1. Entry is open to:
• Australian citizens or permanent resident of Australia
• Overseas residents
2. Employees of Council and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
3. Entrants under the age of 18 must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter. Entrants under the age of 18 are required to provide proof of consent from a parent or legal guardian by attaching the under 18 consent form (Attachment 1) or by ticking the consent box on the website registration form.
4. Entry to the competition is free.
How to enter the Competition:
5. The Osprey Naming Competition opens on November 22, 2019 and closes on November 28, 2019 at midday.
6. Entries can be submitted:
• Online, via Central Coast Stadium’s Facebook page
7. All Entries must be received within the competition period as outlined above.
8. Council does not accept any responsibility for any late or lost entries, or any other entries not properly received.
9. Council has absolute discretion; and reserves all rights; to verify the validity of all entries to the Osprey Naming Competition, and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is deemed to not be in accordance with these terms and conditions.
10. Council will not be liable for any damages or loss suffered as a result of entry to the Osprey Naming Competition.
11. Each entrant releases, and hereby indemnifies to the full extent permitted by law, Council, its employees, agents and assigns, from any and all liability which may arise from and/or all claims in connection with their entry, participation or the prize in the Osprey Naming Competition.
12. Council may cancel or vary the Competition at any time. Council will not be responsible for any loss or costs incurred by the entrant or businesses in relation to such cancellation or variation.
13. Entries must be legible comments on the designated Facebook post on Central Coast Stadium’s social media.
16. Entries must be the original work of the entrant.
17. Entries must not contain any name or other identifying material of an individual, without that individual’s consent; and must not contain any offensive, defamatory, or discriminatory content.
18. Each entrant can submit a maximum of 1 entry to the Osprey Naming Competition.
19. Entries must not contain content which is: unlawful, inappropriate, constitutes harassment, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated, politically motivated, extreme views, racially offensive, demonstrating criminal behaviour, drug use, alcohol misuse, showing neglect, violence or abuse of children. Council may refer any entries containing such content and the personal information of the user connected to any such video to any law enforcement agency at its sole discretion. It is Council’s absolute discretion to deem an entry unsuitable.
20. Entries must be complete and decipherable.
Photographs, video footage and licences:
21. Each entrant consents to Council taking photographs and/or video footage of the entrant for the purpose of the Osprey Naming Competition.
22. Each entrant consents, and provides an irrevocable licence, to Council using and publishing, at its discretion, their entry, including the name, and age of the entrant; and any photographs and/or video footage of the entrant for the purpose of the Osprey Naming Competition, including but not limited to:
a. Uploading of the entry on the Osprey Naming Competition website: centralcoaststadium.com.au (“Website”); b. Promotion of the Osprey Naming Competition in the media, both print and online;
c. Display and promotion at any event associated with the Osprey Naming Competition, including the Award Night / Ceremony / Launch; and
d. Other non-commercial activities related to the functions of Council.
23. On all the above occasions, Council will credit the entrant.
24. Entries must only contain music that you have secured rights to use when appropriate.
25. Please limit the promotion of individual businesses as a core part of the entry. Any use or reference to private businesses will in no way imply or be perceived to imply products or services from that business are superior or favoured by Council.
26. Each entrant agrees that Council will not provide any financial compensation, in relation to any use of their entry or any photographs or video footage of the entrant.
27. Each entrant declares that he/she will not seek now or at any future time any financial compensation from Council in relation to any use of this entry or any photographs or video footage of the entrant.
Judging of the Competition:
28. Judging of the Osprey Naming Competition will be conducted by a panel comprised of three Council staff on November 29, 2019.
29. Judging will be anonymous and based on a points system. The criteria against which entries will be judged, will include, but not be limited to:
• Relevance to the Central Coast region and stadium
30. Short-listing of entries may be undertaken dependant on entry numbers prior to final judging.
31. The decisions of the judging panel in relation to any aspect of the Osprey Naming Competition will be final and binding upon every entrant who enters the Competition. No correspondence regarding any decision of the judging panel will be entered into.
32. The winners of the Osprey Naming Competition as determined by the judging panel will be determined by November 29, 2019 and notified in writing. Winners names will be published on Central Coast Stadium’s Facebook page and website.
33. The Osprey Naming Competition prizes are:
• First prize: 1 x family pass to any regular season Mariners match
• Second prize: 1 x family pass to any regular season Mariners match
Council makes no warranty or representation as to the condition and suitability for use of the prize.
34. Acceptance of any prize in the Osprey Naming Competition is conditional on signing of Council’s release form (Attachment 2).
35. If the prize remains unclaimed for two months from the time notice is given, Council will have the right to determine another winner or not.
36. The prizes are non-transferable and not exchangeable. Prizes cannot be transferred or on-sold at a premium, offered as a prize or inducement, packaged or otherwise used for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. (if tickets )The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to the bearer of any prize sold or otherwise provided or distributed in breach of this condition.
37. If Council receives a complaint from a person/s featured in an entry, or a complaint about the entry, Council may reject / remove the entry from the competition at its absolute discretion. No correspondence will be entered into in relation to any decision of Council in relation to the Osprey Naming Competition.
If you require further information please email Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org .